Reported Speech Exercises

by - marzo 18, 2021

REPORTED SPEECH - UNIT 9

Hi guys! Although the situation nowadays is a bit complicated, we have to keep going. For that reason, I will be uploading materials for you to work. 


Here you have some exercises to practice reported speech and a little summary.


Rewrite the following sentences into reported speech:

1. “Nothing grows in my garden. It never gets any sun”, she said.

2. “I'm going away tomorrow, mother”, he said

3. “I've been in London for a month but so far I haven't had time to visit the Tower”, said Rupert.

4. “The new underpass is being officially opened the day after tomorrow”, said the BBC announcer.

5. “I'll come with you as soon as I'm ready”, she replied.

6. “I have a German lesson this afternoon and I haven't done my homework yet”, said the small boy.

7. “Who is going to live in the big house?”, asked the boy.

8. “Which team won the previous match?”, said Bill.

9. “I don't think your father likes me”, said the young wife.

10. “Don't say that!” exclaimed her husband, “it's nonsense”.

11. “I found an old Roman coin in the garden yesterday”, he said, “and I'm going to take it to the museum this afternoon”.

12.“Have you seen the new library?”, asked Ann.

13.“Is a return ticket cheaper than two singles?”, said my aunt.

14.He said: “Get out of my way! If not, I'll call the police!”.

15.“Please, pay at the desk”, said the assistant.

16.“Are you leaving today or tomorrow morning?”, said his secretary.

17.“Why do you think it may be dangerous?”, he asked her.

18.“Switch off the TV”, he ordered tom, “I don't like these reality shows”

19.“Don‟t believe everything you hear”, he warned me.

20. “Don't touch that switch, Mary. The wire is not very safe”, I said.







You May Also Like

0 comentarios