Past Simple and Past Continuous Exercises

by - octubre 07, 2020

PAST SIMPLE AND CONTINUOUS EXERCISES
Bitmoji Image

And don't forget about the past! Keep Practising!

  
A. Find in this word search the PAST of the following irregular verbs:

drink - fall - draw - learn - drive - build - find - break - fly - go - do - wear - keep - sing



B. Complete the story with the correct past tense form (simple or continuous) of the verbs in brackets:

Sometimes I hate computers! Once, when I 1 ____________ (try) to do my English homework on my laptop, the battery 2 ____________(run out). I 3 ____________(lie) on my bed and I was listening to music on Spotify. It helps me to concentrate. I 4 also ____________(chat) to my friend Daniel on Facebook. OK, so I 5 ____________(not concentrate) very hard on my homework and I 6 ____________(forget) to plug in my laptop!I didn’t notice that the battery was getting low. I was just finishing the essay when the screen 7 ____________(go) black. I 8 ____________(lose) everything. I 9 ____________(scream) in frustration. My dad 10 ____________(come) running into my bedroom. I 11 almost ____________(cry) so he 12 ____________(give) me his laptop. I 13 ________________________(try) to remember everything in my essay – it 14 ____________(be) quite difficult especially because Daniel was sending me lots of funny videos. Anyway, while I was watching one, the WiFi stopped working. In the end it was probably better because I 15 ____________(manage) to finish the essay.


You May Also Like

0 comentarios